See’s Candies was one of my favorites growing up! I looked forward to their chocolate Easter eggs every Easter.
I recently wandered into a See’s and asked if they had any vegan options yet…. yeeaaa that was a hard no lol …so I decided I would attempt my own recipe at home!
The recipe I came up with is vegan and taste amazing! My decorating skills could use some work (it was my first time piping roses) I watched a YouTube tutorial while the kiddo was sleeping to learn the basics.
I wish I had more time to perfect my decorating skills but it doesn’t look like I will get the time before Easter. It still taste amazing! 😊
CopyCat See’s Easter Chocolate Butter Egg With Pecans
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Cream
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar Sifted
- 1/2 Cup Pecans Chopped
- 1 10 Ounce Bag of Vegan Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Cold Vegan Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Drop Green Food Coloring
- ! Drop Pink Food Coloring
- Using a saucepan, melt brown sugar and butter together over medum/high high. Bring just to a boil then set to low.
- Stir in the coconut cream, sea salt and stir continuously. Do not let it sit or it will burn. Bring to a boil just until you see some bubbles then remove from heat.
- Allow to cool before adding in the sifted powdered sugar.
- Stir until a dough forms
- Using your hands, mold dough into egg shapes. You can make them any size you prefer. but if you want it like the traditional See's , it should be about the size of a computer mouse.
- Place formed eggs onto wax paper and store in the freezer while you prepare the chocolate.
- Melt vegan chocolate chips in a double boiler on medium heat stirring continuously
- Add dough eggs to a cookie cooling rack with wax paper underneath.
- Spoon melted chocolate over the tops of each egg.
- Place chocolate covered eggs in fridge.
- Once chocolate has hardened, dip the bottoms of the eggs back in the chocolate to cover the bottoms, place back in fridge until hardened then prepare to frost the tops.
- Beat cold butter and vanilla together in mixer
- Slowly add sifted powdered sugar
- Seperate frosting in half into two seperate bowls
- Add pink coloring in one, and green in the other and stir
- Add each color frosting to a different piping bag