What is socca?? I didn’t even know, until I tried it for the first time while in New York City. Best way to describe it is a chickpea pancake. Post New York trip, I attempted to start making my own at home. It’s easily become one of our favorite meals to make. Light but not overly filling, it’s definitely a healthier choice than ordering a pizza. Best part is it’s already gluten-free and vegan since the recipe is basically chickpea flour, water, and olive oil.
- Chickpea Flour
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Basil
- Vegan Shredded Mozzarella
Vegan Gluten-Free Socca
- Cast iron skillet
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- olive oil
- sea salt
- 1/2 cup organic mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- fresh basil chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- vegan pesto
- Pre heat oven to 425
- Place skillet in oven until hot
- While skillet is heating up, whisk together flour, water, salt, and olive oil.
- Remove skillet from oven and coat the hot skillet with a bit of olive oil
- Add in your socca mix and evenly spread out through the pan (should be similar to a crepe or pancake)
- Place back in oven and bake until you have a somewhat crispy finish
- Add the rest of your toppings and place back in oven until cheese is melted.
- Cut into slices with a pizza cutter and serve.