This crispy buffalo tofu salad is easy to make and features crispy tofu covered in a buffalo sauce mixed in with fresh kale, avocado, red onion, and topped with vegan parmesan and scallions.
- Buffalo sauce. I used Primal Kitchen’s Buffalo Sauce, but you can use any buffalo sauce.
- Red onion. A medium-sized red onion, cut into small pieces.
- Organic Kale. Wash, de-stem, and cut.
- Avocado. Cut into small pieces
- Vegan Parmesan. I used Follow Your Heart
- Scallions. Chopped
- Lemon. Juiced
- Olive Oil.
How To Make The Crispy Buffalo Tofu
Squeeze/press liquid from a 16 ounce block of organic extra firm tofu
Cut tofu into equal size pieces
In a bowl, add tofu pieces, garlic, sea salt, and just enough cornstarch to evenly cover the tofu
Place your tofu cubes in a single layer in your air fryer. After a few minutes of cooking, flip the cubes over and cook another few minutes or until the tofu appears crispy and golden. (Tofu could also be baked in the oven or fried over the stove)
Add cooked tofu into a bowl and pour in just enough buffalo sauce to cover every little piece of tofu and set aside
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can pour a little oil in a skillet over med/high heat and fry the tofu on the stove, or you can choose to bake in the oven at 350 degrees until tofu is lightly crisp.
Preparing The Salad
In a large bowl, add your kale and drizzle it with lemon juice and olive oil. Using your hands, massage it all together until kale is lightly coated in mixture.
Add chopped red onion, avocado, scallions, buffalo tofu, and top with parmesan cheese and you’re ready to serve!
Store leftover salad in an air tight container
Crispy Buffalo Tofu Salad
- 5-8 Stalks Organic Kale De-stemmed/Chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion Chopped
- 1 Avocado Cut into cubes
- 1-2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 16 oz Block of Organic Extra Firm Tofu
- Garlic Powder To taste
- Sea Salt To Taste
- Buffalo Sauce
- Parmesan Vegan
- Squeeze and press liquid from a 16 ounce block of extra firm tofu
- Cut tofu into small equal size squares
- In a bowl, add tofu pieces, garlic, sea salt, and just enough cornstarch to cover tofu evenly
- Place your tofu cubes in a single layer in the air fryer
- Lightly spray with a cooking oil such as olive oil
- Cook tofu for a few minutes, flip over tofu and cook another few minutes or until tofu appears crisp and golden
- Add fried tofu into a bowl and pour in just enough buffalo sauce to cover every piece of tofu and set aside
Preparing The Kale Salad
- In a large bowl, add chopped kale
- pour in olive oil and lemon juice and massage until kale is lightly coated in mixture
- Add chopped red onion, avocado, scallions, buffalo tofu, and top with vegan parmesan cheese